What’s up y’all,
So today we will look at this T-shirt that says “Jus Chill Bru”, but what does that really mean? It’s not that hard but let’s see what it all means!
Let’s break it all down!
1. Jus – “Jus” is how you pronounce the word “just” which has a number of meanings, but I would recommend you to check the Oxford Dictionary – JUST so that you can figure out the best meaning;
2. Chill – “chill” is a way to say “relax”. You can also use this word in a sentence such as:
– Hey, what are you doing?
– I’m at home! Just chilling.
– You’d better move out my way. (Angry)
– Chill out, man!
Avril Lavigne, on her song “Complicated”, uses the expression in the sentence “Chill out! What you’re yelling for!” you can hear that on the video below:
But if you want to hear the expression “Jus chill” in a different context, come check this out on the video below “I’mma just chiil”. Song by Traveis Barker feat. Beanie Sigel, Bun B, and Kobe:
2. Bru – It is short for “brother” which does not necessarily mean that you are real brothers. You can be close friends. This reduction may vary “bro”, “brah”, “bruh” or “brotha”. When you have a friend that is like a brother, you can say that “he is my brother from another mother”.
Well, enough information for you to understand the sentence on the Tee.
In conclusion: “Jus chill bru” means “Just relax, my brother!”
In Portuguese: “Relaxa, broder” ou “Fica de boa, meu parceiro”
So, yeah, time to dash off. Do you know other ways to say “Just chill bru”?
How do you say it in your language?
This material has been selected, analyzed, and put together by Rodrigo P. Honorato